Monday, May 14, 2007

evite sucks

in the last few weeks I have supposedly been invited to friend's events but never heard about them until they started asking me..why I had not responded to the evite?if that sounds familiar..welcome aboard. I would understand if maybe it got filtered into my junk folder..but nope. Last week I went through my entire gmail junk folder looking for one that was sent and nothing..but getting the evite is not the only issue, for NYE we had a party and sent out an evite to friends, most of them received it but the thing went wacked and one day deleted all the friends rsvps and responses.. so Ive been looking around for other options and recently read about socializr which was started by the founder of friendster Jonathan abrams. I signed up but havent played around with it enough to say this is the solution since there are other evite competitors out there..and even myspace competes in this space...we'll see how socializr does..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam,
I think you should check out www.setdot.com.
I have been using setdot, for planning all my invitations so far. It is super easy to use and they have some sweet themes.
They are on an invite-only to use the service, but they will add you pretty quickly if you submit your email. I haven't had any problem with their service.
Check out a sample : http://www.setdot.com/event/141457...

Anonymous said...

A super-simple alternative to setdot and socializr is Yarp, at http://yarp.com. No login is required (ever). You just create a "yarplet" (invitation or survey) then share it with your guests.

Seems like the developers went out of their way to not require any accounts or email addresses, for a change.

Worth a one minute look.

Unknown said...

I think you should check out www.setdot.com.
I have been using setdot, for planning all my invitations so far. It is super easy to nose huggie and they have some sweet themes.
They are on an invite-only to use the service, but they will add you pretty quickly if you submit your email. I haven't had any problem with their service.