Thursday, September 07, 2006

my new Gadget... Nokia E61

I havent talked much about my new next gadget..mainly because I dont want all the readers of this blog to have it :) jk but because I dont like talking about things w\out knowing as much as possible and actually reviewing it personally...but now Im psyched to say the e61 is the next toy on my list....its been almost a year since Ive had my moto e680 which I love very much..but a few things it lacks.. WiFi, 3G or Edge, a full QWERTY keypad, and 850Mhz...and even though its a great phone runing linux and an awesome multimedia phone its time to do an upgrade... after much research Ive been looking at the nokia E Series phones (running Symbian OS) ever since I got to check them personally while at VON mexico where I had a chance to do an onsite test session with the folks at nokia while the N80 was a favorite it lacked a QWERTY keypad which was what I really wanted..the camera I could live with out..this narrowed it to the nokia e70 but it was only Triband..(same as e680) and Ive had enough of not having service in places where others did..and while I have to give up the camera feature..Ive decided to get a nokia e61.. friend joey already got his (thanks to me) he was a big N80 supporter but after research it was obvious the e61 was a better phone w\out the bugs bugging the n80 and for a lower price..I got to play with it this past weekend and was still not sure.. but he just setup some new apps and has been reading up on e series sites like the e-series.org blog.. tonite I got to see video and music streaming on EDGE.. and much more..I also sold my Siemens sk65 tonite so that $ is going towards the new toy..I will keep my e680 though.. anyway the e61 is now a "Gonzales Approved -Gadget" much more reviews on this device when I get my own..
if you want to read some more check out some of the reviews online...
all about symbian review, phonescoop review, and CNET review ...if thats not enough stay put for a Gonzales scoop review ...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

check out my blog www.techmundo.org, i talk about the E61 alot too. its a very nice phone and you won't regret buying it. i used to have a motorola phones before buying the e61, first the e398 which i really love, then the slvr which i hated. hehe. good luck on the e61 :)